Promoting a Competitive, Confidence Building, Non-contact, Co-Ed Youth Flag Football League Experience for Kids of All Skill Levels.
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls from 1st to 8th grade. Under the Lights is for players of all skill levels.
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT Pt 1:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 60 yd long fields
- 7on7 for 7-8th grade division
- 9 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games easy for other sports
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT Pt 2:
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by “friend” or “coach” request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Coast to Coast Basketball
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played during the week or weekends.
- Food at the games when possible
About Our Commissioner
League Commissioner, Michael Luper, grew up playing High School and Collegiate level basketball in New York – his love for the game is what brought this program to Colorado Springs. Michael is U.S. Marine Corp Veteran. He has four kids. He’s the in-house announcer for the Colorado Inferno and a Managing Partner for the SoccerHaus.
Program Prices. Times. Details.
Early Bird Registration: $135 through March 31, 2019
REGISTRATION FEE: $155 through May 1, 2019
1st Games Start 9:00am
Meet & Greet:
May 18, 25
June 1, 8, 15, 22
Playoffs – June 29th
Championship – June 30th
Teams are formed by participants requesting “friends” and “coaches” to play with/for during the season. All request must be entered on the registration form. We will work to meet your special request, but we do not guarantee that any or all of your requests will be met. REFUNDS will not be given if Under the Lights is unable to meet your special request.
Single players will be placed on teams based on some form of familiarity through same school, sport organization, neighborhood, etc.
All refund requests must be submitted to the league commissioner prior to the 2nd game of the season. A refund will be issued less $25 for a processing fee. NO refund requests after the 2nd game of the season!
Players must wear mouth guards for ALL games. Any player without a mouth guard will not be allowed to participate. Players cannot wear baseball caps or jewelry
Players must wear shorts without pockets.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.